Tan Lim Motor (‘TLM’) is committed to respecting the privacy of each individual and endeavours to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (‘PDPA’) during the course of its business. All employees have a duty to maintain the confidentiality of personal data that TLM may have in its possession, custody and control.
What is ‘Personal Data’?
1. Personal Data is defined in the PDPA as “data whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified either (a) from that data or (b) from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access.”
Purpose for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
2. Subject to the applicable exceptions permitted in the PDPA, TLM may collect personal data from you after notifying you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed and after obtaining your consent for the collection, used and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purpose/s.
Use of Personal Data Collected
4. TLM will only use your personal data voluntarily provided to us for:
- (a) Processing and managing your enquiry;
- (b) Responding to your feedback;
- (c) Processing and pursuing insurance claims;
- (d) Notifying you of any change/s to our policies or services which may affect you;
- (e) Billing and credit control matters;
- (f) Updating you on our latest products, services, promotions and collaborations etc;
- (g) Statistical purposes in an aggregate form for reporting; and
- (h) Any other purpose/s for which your consent was obtained.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
5. TLM will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent unless such disclosure is permitted by any of the statutory exemptions under the PDPA.
Security of your Personal Data
6. TLM will secure your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard your personal data, there are known security risks from using the Internet and TLM cannot guarantee the security and integrity of personal data in transit (from you or to you via the Internet).
7. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (b) wish to correct your personal data previously provided to us;
- (c) wish to withdraw your enquiry or feedback; or
- (d) wish to discontinue receiving updates on our latest developments, services, promotions and collaborations;
Changes to this Statement and Disclaimer
8. TLM may, from time to time update this Statement of Privacy to reflect changes to the law, your services and/or customer feedback. Do look out for these changes regularly.
9. The use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.